The Carlsbad Municipal Water System is owned and operated by the City of Carlsbad. The system’s source of water is groundwater and ninety-eight percent (98%) of the water comes from the Sheep Draw Well Field (Capitan Reef) located seven (7) miles Southwest of Carlsbad in the foothills of the Guadalupe Mountains. Two percent (2%) of the water comes from the City owned and operated Double Eagle Water System located near Maljamar, New Mexico (Ogallala formation).
Over the past thirty-two years (32), the Carlsbad Municipal Water System has effectively planned for and built the facilities necessary to provide our customers with an adequate and safe water supply.
FOR BILL QUESTIONS CALL THE WATER DEPARTMENT CASHIER OFFICE AT 887-1191
In order to serve our customers better, we provide the following:
- FY22 - Utility Rates
- Fees and Services
- Notification Form for Water System Pipeline Crossings
- Specifications for Excavation and Backfill of Utility Cuts Within City Right-Of-Ways
- Specifications for the Installation of Water and Sewer Improvements
- Specifications for Hydrostatic Testing, Flushing, Disinfection and Flow Testing
- Inspection Form of New Water System and Improvement
- Water Purchase Agreement - Carlsbad Water System
- Request for Water Service - Carlsbad Water System
- Request for outstanding Water, Sewer & Garbage Billings
The following are examples in which a report is required:
* If any leaks are noticed.
* The water meters are read each month. Some areas have a new type of meter which is read by a computer device, much similar to a wand, whereas other areas are continually being updated to match, remain manually read at this time.
* If any excavation is to take place, the person doing the excavation is required by law to call “NM One Call” for line location services.
Tampering with City Utilities:
* If any suspicious activity involving theft or possible damage to any part of the water or sewer system.
* If a customer has a broken water line on their side of the water meter and needs the water turned off to make necessary repairs. For after-hours water and sewer emergencies please contact the Police Department by calling (575) 885-2111
* A meter box, most of which have a locking device, is installed over each meter to keep it protected and prevent any unauthorized persons from accessing it. As time permits, all meter boxes will receive locking lids. It is very important to report any box that has a missing, damaged or otherwise improperly installed lid.