The Carlsbad Water Park opened on the shores on the Pecos River by early summer 2016. The park was paid for by the City of Carlsbad Lodger’s Tax and general fund money, following overwhelming support by members of the community.
The park is located at 708 Park Drive, along the Pecos River. From Highway 285, exit east on Church Street. From Highway 62, exit north on Park Drive. Parking is available to the north of the Carlsbad Water Park.
Hours of Operation are normally Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. During this time period, we will be open Tuesday through Sunday during the summer break, and on weekends only once school has resumed (prior to Labor Day). We are normally open on Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Admission is $5 for ages 4-61. Guests who are under four, or age 62 and over, are free! The park features five water slides with the addition of two speed slides, added in 2018 (must be 48 inches or taller to ride), a lazy river, a pool area, and a zero entry children’s play area. We welcome picnics, but no glass containers. Covered and poolside lounge chairs and free wifi are available.
Brad Alpers is the manager of the Carlsbad Water Park. Mr. Alpers can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (575) 887-0349.
- Children aged 10 and under must be accompanied by someone aged 16 or older at all times.
- Outside food and drinks are permitted in designated areas. Place garbage in trash receptacles.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Wear proper swim attire in pool. Street clothes are not permitted. Swim shirts designed for sun protection and swimming are permitted.
- No smoking, dipping or electronic cigarettes on premises.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Please don’t distract or visit with lifeguards.
- Swim only when lifeguard is on duty.
- Follow posted rules on slides.
- Foul or inappropriate language or gestures is cause for immediate removal.
- Visitors must be 48 inches or taller to ride the five large water slides. No inner tubes are allowed in the pool area.
- Please walk. Do not run. Surfaces may be slippery.
- No diving.
- Always obey the lifeguards and pool manager. They are here for your safety.
- HAVE FUN!
HEALTH AND SANITATION RULES
- To avoid spreading germs in the water, do not swim if you have diarrhea.
- Do not intentionally swallow pool water. While the water is filtered and treated to keep it clean, dirt or germs may be present.
- To keep your skin and the pool water clean and germ free, shower before entering the pool.
- Take frequent restroom breaks. Do not use the pool as a toilet.
- Children that are not potty-trained must wear a diaper designed for swimming at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Change diapers in the restroom, not poolside.
IF ANY RULE IS VIOLATED, WATER PARK STAFF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK THAT YOU LEAVE THE FACILITY. SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!
Admission and Fees:
Ages 4 -61: $5.00
Under 4 and over 61: FREE
Advanced Passes $90 for 20 tickets, $200 for 50 tickets.
*Wrist Bands will be provided upon admission into the facility. Wrist bands must be worn while in the facility. Transferring wristbands to another person is prohibited and is cause for removal from the facility.
**Maximum facility capacity is 500 persons. If you leave, you may be denied re-entry if the facility is at maximum capacity.
Schedule: Rentals will be 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday during the summer break. We do not offer rentals once school is in session.
- $300.00 for up to 50 people (share facility with up to 3 other groups)
- $600.00 for up to 100 people (share facility with up to 2 other groups)
- $1200.00 for up to 400 people (private parties only; no other groups will be scheduled)
Payment of half the cost of the rental will be made when the reservation is made. Refunds will be made only for cancelations due to inclement weather, as determined by the Pool Manager. Rental fee includes lifeguards, use of public areas of facility and general operation.
During normal business hours the picnic and canopy area cannot be reserved or utilized for private parties or large groups.
For rentals and questions contact Brad Alpers, Water Park Manager at: (575) 887-0349.
The Carlsbad Water Park is potentially available for large-scale special rentals (corporate events, end of year parties, etc.) on a case-by-case basis during the weeks in May prior to Memorial Day. For more information, please call the park director.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday – Sunday: 11am – 6pm
Closed Mondays: Except on Certain Holidays such as Labor Day, Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
Once school resumes in August, the Carlsbad Water Park is only open during weekends.
The Carlsbad Water Park closes for the season after Labor Day and opens again for Memorial Day weekend.
NOTE: Due to state restrictions related to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Carlsbad Water Park capacity may vary based on COVID-19 restrictions.
The Pool Manager or Head Lifeguard may order everyone out of the water or may close the facility during inclement weather (lightning, excessive wind, rain, hail, etc.). There are no refunds for inclement weather.