Here’s an overview of our “Old Fashioned, Patriotic, Fourth of July Celebration,” planned for July 3 and 4.
- Our Independence Day Parade will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 3 at the former St. Edwards School parking lot. Lineup begins at 8 a.m. The parade will head down Church Street and then turn on Canyon Street- ending at the Eddy County Courthouse. Michael Smart is our parade marshal and we’re thrilled to have many of our WWII veterans participating in the parade.
- Our Ceremony to Honor WWII Veterans will begin at 10:30 a.m. on the Eddy County Courthouse Lawn. We have at least seven World War II Veterans joining us and we are honored that former Carlsbad resident Joe Epstein will serve as our master of ceremonies.
- Our Hall of Fame ceremony is at 12:30 p.m. at the Carlsbad Museum. Ken Britt will serve as master of ceremonies as we induct Anna Jane Sitton Hays and Dr. John Andrews.
- Music starts at the Carlsbad Beach Bandshell on July 3 at 12:30 p.m. with DJ Trey Gonzales, followed by DJ G Money. Mariachi Unido will then perform at 3:30p.m., and will be followed by Last Child at 4:45 p.m.. Our very special guest Bill Brooks will team up with Shiloh Road for a performance at 6 p.m. Popular local band Stranded will headline Saturday night’s music.
- We’ll have a boat parade that will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday July 4 near the Pecos Village docks.
- Our July 4 entertainment at the Bandshell kicks off with JD and the Badlands at 2:30 p.m. The Proof will begin playing at 4 p.m. and Groupo Veneno is set to start at 5:15 p.m. Next, the Beach Boys tribute band “The Southwest Surfers” is joining us from Arizona and will begin at 7:15 p.m.
- Finally, the annual fireworks show will begin just after it gets dark at 9 p.m. It will be similar to last year’s show in that you’ll get to view many of the high aerials from around town, but you’ll certainly get the best view from around the beach and golf course. Many of our weekend activities, including our fireworks show, can also be viewed from the City’s Facebook page.
- The Carlsbad Water Park will remain open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 3 and July 4.
- Carlsbad Municipal Transit will be running from 1-9 p.m. July 3 and July 4 to provide free shuttle service between the Cascades parking lot and the beach area. Transit will also be offering rides back to the St. Edwards parking lot after the parade.
We hope you’ll join us and have a great Independence Day celebration.
Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway