A $30,000 donation from Chevron to the City of Carlsbad is going toward public safety improvements, Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway announced. The list includes the purchase of a Mobile DWI trailer and speed trailers.
“Chevron has been an outstanding friend to Carlsbad for many years,” Carlsbad Mayor Dale Janway said. “Their commitment to public safety over the years is nearly without equal, and their generous effort has protected lives.”
Items purchased through Chevron’s assistance include:
- Speed trailers, which will be deployed all over the city. This will help raise awareness of speed requirements in commercial and residential areas. These speed trailers are equipped with data gathering software.
- LED Road Flares, Traffic Safety Vests and Traffic Cones.
- Mobile DWI Trailer: This trailer is used as a mobile work and processing station at all CPD DWI checkpoints.
- Motorcycle transport trailer decals.
- Supplemental lighting on the traffic motorcycles:
- Panasonic Toughbook Laptops for the Traffic Unit: Replacement laptop computers for the traffic unit were supplied by this funding.
“Road Safety is a top priority of Chevron” said Nathan Carroll, Chevron’s Delaware Basin Operations Superintendent. “Our donation of safety equipment and monitors is one way we are demonstrating our commitment to the Carlsbad community and by helping first responders keep everyone, including themselves, safe.”
“I would like to thank Chevron, in taking an active role in highway traffic safety for the community of Carlsbad,” Skinner said. “We have been able to fund new safety efforts while completing other traffic projects with the help of their generous donation. Together, we continue to strive to learn from our citizens, address public concerns, implement new ideas and strategize for future projects in order to provide the safest community possible. We look forward to the challenge of planning for the future and continuing to elevate our efforts to bring highway traffic safety to new levels in Carlsbad and Eddy County.”
Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron’s Delaware Basin’s operations are based in Carlsbad, New Mexico and Midland, Texas. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.