Regular household trash is picked up from roll outs and dumpsters on the following schedule. Locations north of Church Street are picked up Mondays and Thursdays. Locations South of Church Street are picked up Tuesdays and Fridays.
SOLID WASTE SERVICES
To better serve your needs and to remain in compliance with Chapter 44 of the City of Carlsbad Code of Ordinances, we ask that you adhere to the following rules:
- Make sure that your trash up front at the curb next to your property and ready for collection. Please keep your trash on your property and not your neighbor's.
- Make sure weeds, grass clippings and leaves are properly bagged or boxed for collection. If these materials are not contained, they will not be picked up.
- Make sure tree trunks and branches are cut to lengths not exceeding four feet and are properly bundled. If this is not done, they will not be picked up.
- Do not put hot ashes, cinders, smoldering coals or greasy or oily materials that are subject to spontaneous ignition in your rollout. This is a serious fire hazard that has caused numerous fires in our garbage trucks. Please put your ashes in a metal bucket covered with water and let them sit for two days before bagging them and placing them in your rollout.
- Do not place concrete, rocks, dirt, gravel and remodeling or construction and demolition rubbish out for collection. This includes carpet and roofing materials. These materials must be hauled to the landfill by the contractor performing the work, or by the property owner.
- Do not place car body parts, tires or appliances for collection. These items must be hauled to the landfill or to a metal or tire recycling center by the property owner or by someone hired to perform this specific task.
- Please separate tree limbs from other types of trash. We are processing tree limbs into mulch to be used in composting and landscaping. The separation of limbs would be of tremendous help to us in hauling materials to their destination.
Please note that the claw service is scheduled Monday through Friday and there will be a maximum window of 2 working days for pickup once the request has been received. If you have any questions, please call us at (575) 885-0042. Thank you for your cooperation and let us continue working together to keep Carlsbad clean and beautiful.